Whole Home Surge Protectors in Bend & Redmond, Oregon
Give us a call today at 541-246-7223 to schedule your service, repair, or estimate.
Protecting your home from an electrical surge requires more than connecting a few devices to a power strip and hoping for the best. Today’s devices and electronics require more power – which means they require more protection.
Central Oregon Heating offers whole home surge protectors in Bend & Redmond, Oregon. We can assess your electrical system, help you find the right solution, and install your surge protector to your system’s specifications. We ensure that all protectors meet industry standards and local codes. Call today or fill out our online form to schedule an in-home consultation.
What are Whole Home Surge Protectors?
Whole home surge protectors are devices designed to protect your entire house from power surges. A power surge is a sudden increase in electrical voltage that can damage or destroy your electronic devices. While power strips with surge protection can provide some level of protection, whole home surge protectors offer a more comprehensive solution.
Unlike power strip surge protectors that only protect devices plugged into them, whole home surge protectors are installed at the electrical panel or breaker box, providing protection to all the electrical circuits in your home. This means that every outlet, appliance, and electronic device is shielded from power surges, giving you peace of mind.
What Does Whole Home Surge Protection Include? Our Installation Process
When you choose Central Oregon Heating for whole home surge protection, you can expect a thorough and professional installation process. Our licensed electricians will assess your home’s electrical system and determine the best surge protection device for your needs. They will then proceed with the installation, ensuring that the surge protector is properly connected to the breaker panel.
The surge protection device may come with various features, such as USB-A ports, AC outlets, and a high joule rating. USB-A ports allow you to charge your devices directly from the surge protector, eliminating the need for extra adapters. AC outlets provide additional convenience for plugging in various devices. The joule rating indicates the unit’s capacity to absorb and dissipate power surges. Our experts will guide you in choosing the right features and joule rating for your specific requirements.
Benefits of Whole Home Surge Protectors
Investing in a whole home surge protector offers numerous benefits, including:
- Protection for all your electronic devices: With a whole home surge protector, you can rest assured that all your appliances, home entertainment systems, computers, and other devices are shielded from power surges. This protection extends to devices that are hardwired into your home’s electrical system, providing comprehensive coverage.
- Increased lifespan of electronics: Power surges can cause irreversible damage to your electronics, shortening their lifespan. By installing a whole home surge protector, you can prevent costly repairs or replacements and extend the life of your valuable devices.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that your home is equipped with a robust surge protection system brings peace of mind. You can enjoy your electronics without worrying about the unpredictable nature of power surges caused by lightning strikes or fluctuations in the power lines.
- Enhanced fire safety: Power surges can generate excessive heat, leading to electrical fires. Whole home surge protectors help mitigate this risk by preventing power surges from reaching dangerous levels, thereby enhancing the safety of your home.
How to Choose the Right Whole Home Surge Protector
Selecting the right whole home surge protector is crucial to ensure optimal protection for your home and devices. Here are some factors to consider:
- Joule rating: The joule rating indicates the unit’s capacity to absorb power surges. Higher joule ratings offer greater protection. Consider the types of electronic devices you have and the potential magnitude of power surges in your area when choosing the appropriate joule rating.
- Connected equipment warranty: Some surge protectors come with warranties that cover any damage to connected equipment. Look for surge protectors with robust warranties to safeguard your investments.
- Professional installation: It is essential to have a licensed electrician install your whole home surge protector. They have the knowledge and expertise to ensure a safe and proper installation, maximizing the effectiveness of the surge protection system.
- Type of surge protector: There are various types of surge protectors available, including panel-mounted and wall-mounted options. Consider your home’s electrical setup and choose the type that best suits your needs.
By considering these factors, you can select a whole home surge protector that offers the most reliable and effective protection for your home.
What is a whole home surge protector?
A whole home surge protector is a device installed in your electrical panel to safeguard your entire home’s electrical system and connected appliances from voltage spikes or surges caused by lightning, utility grid fluctuations, or other sources.
How does a whole home surge protector work?
Whole home surge protectors divert excess voltage away from your home’s electrical circuits, preventing it from reaching and damaging sensitive electronic devices and appliances. They provide a protective barrier by directing the surge into the ground.
What are the benefits of installing a whole home surge protector?
Whole home surge protectors offer comprehensive protection, extending the lifespan of your electronics and appliances while reducing the risk of damage or fires caused by electrical surges. They provide peace of mind and potentially save you from expensive replacements.
Do I still need plug-in surge protectors if I have a whole home surge protector?
While a whole home surge protector offers robust protection, it’s advisable to use plug-in surge protectors for additional security, especially for sensitive equipment like computers and entertainment systems. Multiple layers of protection can further safeguard your devices.
Can I install a whole home surge protector myself?
It is recommended to hire a qualified electrician to install a whole home surge protector. Proper installation is crucial to ensure it functions effectively and complies with safety standards. Attempting a DIY installation can be risky and may void warranties.
Surge Protection Installation Near You
Protect your home with a safe, efficient surge protector system from Central Oregon Heating. Fill out our online form or call to schedule a visit and get a free estimate on surge protection in Bend & Redmond, Oregon. We look forward to hearing from you.
Give us a call today at 541-246-7223 to schedule your service or repairs.
"*" indicates required fields