Hot Tub Wiring Services in Bend & Redmond, OR
Give us a call today at 541-246-7223 to schedule your service, repair, or estimate.
There’s nothing like relaxing in your hot tub and enjoying your view of the Cascade Mountains. When you buy a new hot tub, it may surprise you to find out it requires a professional electrician to safely install the wiring.
If you are a DIY kind of homeowner, you may think it’s a good idea to install your own hot tub wiring in Bend, Oregon. Doing so could not only cause serious injury, but could also void your warranty. Central Oregon Heating has the expertise to safely wire your hot tub to turn your backyard into your favorite place to relax.
Why Call a Professional to Wire Your Hot Tub?
A hot tub is a major appliance with some serious electricity running to it. There are several reasons why hiring a professional to install a hot tub electrical system is a good idea.
You can’t just plug a hot tub into an outlet on the wall. A hot tub requires grounding and GFCI protection that will prevent you from getting electrocuted if water comes in contact with the flow of electricity.
You probably don’t know what permits are required for hot tub wiring in Bend, Oregon, but a professional electrician does. We will obtain all permits and ensure the hot tub and wiring are up to code. The state of Oregon requires an inspection after a professional installs the wiring to avoid potential injury or safety hazards.
Complete Electrical Service
The National Electric Code designates the type of electrical systems that we can use for hot tub wiring. We have the experience to correctly install the entire system, from the breaker box in your house to the control box on your hot tub. We use PVC conduit to protect the electrical wires from any water exposure.
Preparing the Area for Professional Wiring
It takes a little forethought to get ready for the professional electrician to wire your hot tub. Make sure you consider the following:
- Talk to your HOA. If you live in an HOA community, you may need to get their approval before you move forward with installing a hot tub. Our team can handle obtaining city permits, but communicating with the HOA is up to you.
- Find the best space. If you invest in professional installation and then decide to move your hot tub in a year, you just wasted money for no reason. Look around your space and imagine the hot tub there. Is there room to get in and out? Do you have enough privacy? Thinking about every possible scenario before you commit to the location will prevent the inconvenience of moving your hot tub in the future.
- Secure the area. Hot tubs are heavier than you might think once you fill them with water. That’s one reason why a professional has to inspect the hot tub after it’s installed. A concrete slab provides a secure, even space for your hot tub. If you don’t want to invest in a permanent solution, a spa pad is a good option.
Existing Hot Tub Maintenance
If you’ve had a hot tub for a while, when was the last time you scheduled maintenance? A hot tub could last as long as 20 years if you regularly hire a professional to detect early signs of damage. Here are some signs that you should schedule professional maintenance for your hot tub wiring:
- You adjust the thermostat, but the water never gets warm enough.
- The jets turn on and off at random intervals.
- The lights won’t turn on or won’t turn off.
- The circuit breaker trips after the hot tub runs for a few minutes.
The above signs mean there could be a problem with the wiring. Even if it was installed correctly many years ago, a problem could still occur. Ignoring the signs and continuing to use your hot tub could cause a house fire or even electrocution.
Stay Safe With Professional Hot Tub Wiring
Get the most out of your hot tub by calling a professional to install the wiring. Rely on an industry expert to get the necessary permits and install the electrical system in a safe way that will not leave any possibility for injury.
Central Oregon Heating offers safe, professional hot tub wiring in Bend, Oregon. We have been in business since 1993, providing excellent service to our clients at a fair price. To schedule service, call 541-246-7223 or fill out our online form.
Give us a call today at 541-246-7223 to schedule your service or repairs.
"*" indicates required fields