Indoor Air Quality Services in Bend, Oregon
Give us a call today at 541-246-7223 to schedule your service, repair, or estimate.
Improve Your Health With Our Indoor Air Quality Services
When you think about pollutants, you might picture smoggy streets or pollen-laced parks. Outdoor air contains lots of tiny particles that can irritate your respiratory system. While you can’t control outdoor pollution, you can manage your indoor air.
At Central Oregon Heating, we value our community’s health. That’s why we provide various indoor air quality services in Bend, Oregon. Learn more about what we offer to find out whether our solutions could work for you.
Call 541-246-7223 for effective indoor air quality services in Bend, Oregon.
What Affects Your Air Quality?
Outdoor particles can easily travel indoors on your clothes and shoes. Therefore, pollen, pollution, and dirt infiltrate your home every day. However, these particles don’t typically make up the majority of your indoor pollutants.
Your pets are likely a major source of allergens. Cats and dogs shed dead hair throughout the year. They may release dander along with their fur, which circulates throughout your home.
Other common sources of indoor pollution include:
- Mold spores
- Disturbed building materials
- Smoke from fireplaces, candles, or cigarettes
- Household dust
These particles circulate throughout your home constantly. You may not notice them, but they can still impact your health.
How Indoor Air Quality Affects Your Health
When customers approach us about poor air quality in their homes, they often describe symptoms like:
- Sneezing, coughing, wheezing
- Dry throat
- Runny nose
- Itchy eyes
- Unrelenting sinus infections
Some of these issues, like sneezing or runny noses, occur because of common irritants. Other symptoms develop because of something more insidious: mold growth.
Fatigue and feeling generally unwell often occur due to rampant mold growth. Mold and mildew colonies can cause mild symptoms in otherwise healthy individuals. However, people with pre-existing health conditions can suffer immensely.
When breathing triggers an immune response, the body constantly tries to fight what it perceives as a danger to your health. Your mucous membranes and other tissues work to eliminate these foreign particles. Although you can’t stop breathing, you can take precautions to improve the air you breathe.
Ways To Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
In addition to scheduling an air quality consultation, we recommend the following at-home solutions to common indoor air quality problems:
- Purchase highly rated air filters to efficiently eliminate even the tiniest particles. Replace them at least once every three months.
- Sweep and dust a couple of times each week. Use a vacuum cleaner to contain the dust piles. This prevents excess particles from circulating.
- Open your windows occasionally to allow fresh air to flow inside.
- Avoid frequent use of candles and incense, and smoke outdoors.
Although these recommendations should help, our indoor air quality services in Bend, Oregon, will offer even more improvements.
How We Enhance Your Indoor Air Quality
Our technicians start with an indoor air quality testing service to learn more about the pollutants circulating in your home. The test results will help us choose the solutions that best fit your needs. Some of our services include:
- Carbon monoxide monitor installation: CO comes from any appliance, like furnaces or stoves, that burns gas. An unnoticed leak could lead to devastating health complications and fatalities. CO monitors will alert you to the gas’s presence.
- Electronic air cleaning systems: These systems deliver a constant supply of fresh, pollutant-free air into your home.
- Ultraviolet air cleaners: We can attach these lamps to your duct system. They emit UV light that kills bacteria, viruses, and other microbes circulating your HVAC system.
- Humidifiers and dehumidifiers: When the air has too little humidity, it can cause irritated skin and respiratory symptoms. Air that has too much moisture facilitates mold growth. Keep your indoor moisture levels just right!
- Air duct services: All duct systems need occasional cleaning and maintenance to eliminate dust buildup. Many homeowners struggle with sinus symptoms due to the dust collecting in their vents.
While we recommend that all homeowners consider CO monitors and duct services, not all homes require each solution listed above. Our air quality test and a brief home inspection will reveal which services will best suit your needs.
Request Comprehensive Indoor Air Quality Services in Bend, Oregon, From Our Team
Breathe easier with our indoor air quality services in Bend, Oregon. At Central Oregon Heating, we offer comprehensive solutions that our technicians will customize to fit your needs. Call us today at 541-246-7223 to schedule an air quality test from one of our experts.
Give us a call today at 541-246-7223 to schedule your service or repairs.
"*" indicates required fields