Electrical Panel Upgrades in Bend & Redmond, OR
Give us a call today at 541-246-7223 to schedule your service, repair, or estimate.
Your electrical panels give you complete control over the electricity supply within your household. Countless kilowatts of electrical energy pass through your panel to power your appliances. Yet, you probably don’t often think about your electrical panel or whether it needs a professional upgrade.
Our team at Central Oregon Heating reminds you to schedule electrical panel upgrades in Bend, Oregon, to keep electricity flowing safely into your home. Learn more about this important but often forgotten service and how we can help.
What Is an Electrical Panel and How Does It Function?
An electrical panel goes by numerous names. You might know it better as a breaker panel, electrical box, or service panel. It controls your home’s electricity supply, diverting the required kilowatts to any appliance you use.
Most homeowners understandably avoid handling their electrical panels. Only licensed electricians should service them due to their complex circuitry. Repairs, replacements, and upgrades are not DIY home improvement projects you can tackle alone.
Since most people rarely handle their electrical panels, you might not know when to upgrade yours. We recommend an electrical panel replacement or upgrade when the following issues consistently occur:
- Constant circuit breaker trips: If you frequently check your circuit breaker for flipped switches, you should schedule electrical panel upgrades in Bend, Oregon. While trips are inconvenient, they also signal that your panel can’t manage your home’s electrical load.
- Dim or flickering lights: Let’s say you turn on a major appliance like your washing machine or air conditioner. Do the lights become dimmer? Have you noticed them flickering? If so, your electrical panel diverts electricity from the light system to the major appliance. An upgrade will likely solve the issue.
- Your home requires fuses: Panels that require fuses are extremely outdated. You may need a complete panel replacement to bring your residential electrical system up to date.
- You’ve made changes to your electrical system: If you recently scheduled major electrical work, you should ensure that your panel can handle the changes. House additions and other services can overload an electrical panel.
Why Should You Upgrade Your Electrical Panel?
Most electrical panels will work seamlessly for 25 to 30 years. When they begin failing, they can cause small-scale electricity surges and outages. These issues are inconvenient and sometimes dangerous. In severe cases, an outdated panel could cause house fires, threatening your family, belongings, and home.
Some other indicators of an outdated electrical panel include:
- Crackling sounds when using an appliance or turning on the lights
- Low power levels diverted to high-powered appliances
- Conductors that overheat
- Outlets sporting evidence of smoke
- Outlets that feel warm when in use
- Electrical systems that predate the 2000s
Protect your family from electrical hazards like fires and dangerous electrical shocks. Let our electricians keep your property up to Bend’s electrical codes.
Our Other Electrical Panel Services in Bend & Redmond, Oregon
What else can our team do to service your electrical panel? We offer the following services:
- Electrical panel installation: After building a new home, you need a new electrical panel to provide electricity. After all, you don’t want to live in the dark ages. We’ll choose and install an electrical panel that fits your new house’s needs.
- Panel repairs: In addition to upgrades, your panel may need occasional tweaks and repairs to keep it working safely. Our electricians can quickly diagnose the issue and direct you toward the next steps for quality panel repairs.
- Panel replacements: If your panel is over 25 years old, it needs replacement services. It may struggle to keep up with your home’s growing electricity demands as you replace old appliances with newer, more advanced ones.
- Panel inspections: Unsure of whether you need replacement, repairs, or upgrades? Ask us about a panel inspection. One of our skilled technicians will look over your home’s electrical system, identify any problems, and recommend the next steps for you to take.
Schedule Electrical Services With Central Oregon Heating
We prioritize each customer’s experience. While our electricians deliver quality service that powers and protects your electrical needs, they also demonstrate courtesy and care throughout their time at your home. You’ll also enjoy generous financing options, savings codes, and other specials that protect your bank account.
Keep your home up to code with electrical panel upgrades in Bend, Oregon. Schedule an appointment with our team at 541-246-7223. We’ll keep your lights shining brightly and your appliances working to a full capacity. Reach out to learn more and see how we can help.
Give us a call today at 541-246-7223 to schedule your service or repairs.
"*" indicates required fields