We want the best of the best to join our team! We offer competitive pay with great benefits and perks for our hard-working team members. At Central Oregon Heating, Cooling Plumbing & Electric, we understand the importance of family and providing work/life balance in a positive, upbeat, and supportive, diverse culture, environment. We are stewards for our brand to serve our communities with the best relationships and service.
Our company is owned and managed by people who have been in the industry for many years, so we understand the position, the expectations, the challenges, the responsibilities… and we are here to support and work with you every step of the way!
We currently offer Plumbing to our expansive list of well-established and loyal clients. We are currently looking for a Journeyman Plumber to fill a crucial position for the company’s commercial, residential and service markets in Central Oregon. Our goal is to offer all services relating to HVAC and Plumbing; including design/build projects, as our company grows.
We are looking for key personnel to become part of our unique team here at Central Oregon Heating & Cooling. Our company grows every year, which means we’re looking for and building future crew leaders and managers! Let us work with you to put you on a career path.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide customer orientation, service, repair, installation, and/or propose replacement of plumbing components, accessories, and equipment. including but not limited to clogged drains, leaky pipes, toilets, faucets, water heaters, fixtures, valves, bathtubs, showers, water services, sewer mains, sump, ejector, and or effluent pumps, septic systems/fields, disposals, water purifiers, recirculation systems, etc.
- Provide an onsite plumbing system diagnostic based upon the initial request and upon a full inspection of the property’s plumbing system.
- Develop and present a complete set of recommendations and related pricing that addresses the initial call, corrects any deficiencies of the systems (undersize, code conflicts, part likely to fail, etc.), and improves the client’s comfort and lifestyle.
- Performs repairs and installations with the related piping and electrical to meet or exceed the manufacturer’s recommendations, local codes, and customer expectations.
- Startup installed equipment and adjusted to the manufacturers and job specifications.
- Troubleshoot, adapt and resolve/repair all issues that arise during an installation that would keep the equipment from functioning properly or the customer from being satisfied.
- Communicate to the client the
- Benefits of the recommendations
- Risks involved in failing to perform specific repairs.
- Benefits of a service agreement
- Proper operation and owner’s maintenance of the installed equipment.
- Answer related questions as to operation, features, and functions to the homeowner.
- Communicate with the Supervisor throughout each project to ensure proper, prompt job completion. Communicate effectively with associates, superiors, vendors, and customers. Able to communicate professionally, clearly, and concisely with other team members, management, and customers in person, by phone, and by email.
- Perform required documentation for each installation with a complete startup record. Have client sign necessary paperwork and collect payments as directed.
- Develop profitable sales and acquire customers through our established sales and marketing program.
- Understand and properly use the Flat rate pricing system in making recommendations.
- Determine customer satisfaction with follow-up on all installations/services sold.
- Must have a good working knowledge of our products and services being offered, knowledge of construction in general, and how Central Oregon Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, & Electric operates to benefit the customer. This may require additional study and training both on and off-site. Continuous learning through training from suppliers, trade shows, seminars, independent study, and other employees.
- Become knowledgeable of various municipalities’ plan requirements, permit requirements, and submittal processes.
- Should be able to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings and specifications.
- Must be able to list/order materials and supplies accurately.
- Must be able to work under time and budgetary constraints and pressures.
- Efficiently manage his/her time and schedules.
- Be computer literate to the extent necessary to fulfill this function. Should also be very familiar with the use of smart phones, text messaging, and email.
- Must be capable of understanding client needs.
- Clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Work and drive safely and can recognize and avoid dangerous situations.
- Adaptable to changing work schedules as the business dictates.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for emergency, after-hours, weekend, and holiday service requests.
- Must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, highly skilled in problem-solving and accurate resolutions, have a keen sense of urgency, be flexible, and demonstrate the ability to follow through on tasks timely and effectively.
- Must possess superior interpersonal skills.
- Have a great attitude that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid and insurable driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Minimum of 3 years of Plumbing experience in Remodel / Service Plumbing.
- Current Oregon Journeyman or Phased Supervision license is required.
- Have verifiable work history and references.
- Ability to lift, climb stairs and ladders, and work in small spaces.
Compensation: $45-$60; DOE.
Schedule: Flexible schedule; Work four 10-hour days or work five 8-hour days.
Benefits & Perks
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Company paid emergent medical transport program
- Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Days, Personal Days)
- Bonus programs, for eligible positions
- Company Vehicle and Gas Card, for eligible positions
“We like what we do, and you will too!”
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are a drug-free workplace.
If you are ready to pursue a career, please fill out this brief application. If we feel that you would be a good fit for the team, we will contact you.
"*" indicates required fields