Gas Pipe Fitter/Installer
We want the best of the best to join our team! We offer competitive pay with great benefits and perks for our hard-working team members. At Central Oregon Heating, Cooling Plumbing & Electric, we understand the importance of family and providing work/life balance in a positive, upbeat, and supportive, diverse culture, environment. We are stewards for our brand to serve our communities with the best relationships and service.
Our company is owned and managed by people who have been in the industry for many years, so we understand the position, the expectations, the challenges, the responsibilities… and we are here to support and work with you every step of the way!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and install natural gas and propane fuel lines for furnaces, water heaters, and related appliances in new construction and retrofit jobs (homes, businesses, and commercial properties).
- Ability to install gas piping for related equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ability to read blueprints, gas plans, and technical drawings.
- Understand and apply Oregon codes.
- Assist in the replacement, modification, and /or installation of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, boilers, water heaters, and related piping and electrical to meet or exceed the manufacturer’s recommendations and local codes.
- Able to startup installed equipment and adjust to the manufacturers and job specifications.
- Able to troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues that arise during an installation that would keep the equipment from functioning properly.
- Communicate with the consumer regarding the proper operation and owner’s maintenance of the installed equipment.
- Answer related questions as to operation, features, and functions to the customer.
- Perform required documentation for each installation with a complete startup record with the necessary paperwork and payment collections.
- Valid and insurable driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- 2-3 years of experience preferred.
- Certifications and training in liquid propane/natural gas preferred.
- Able to communicate professionally, clearly, and concisely with other team members, management, and customers in person, by phone, and by email.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, and work in small spaces.
- Must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, highly skilled in problem-solving and accurate resolutions, have a keen sense of urgency, be flexible, and demonstrate the ability to follow through on tasks timely and effectively.
- Have a great attitude that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Must be punctual with a clean presentation of themselves and be prepared to work every day to provide reliable support for your team with excellent timeliness and attendance.
Our company grows every year, which means we’re looking for and building future crew leaders and managers! Let us work with you to put you on a career path.
Compensation: $18 – $25 per hour, DOE.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Benefits & Perks
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Company paid emergent medical transport program
- Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Days, Personal Days)
- Bonus programs, for eligible positions
- Company Vehicle and Gas Card, for eligible positions
“We like what we do, and you will too!”
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are a drug-free workplace.
If you are ready to pursue a career, please fill out this brief application. If we feel that you would be a good fit for the team, we will contact you.
"*" indicates required fields